Wednesday 28 May 2014

New Kid On The Block


Last week I was one of few fashion bloggers that were chosen to have an exclusive view of new Fashion and Culture magazine, TEO who just released their first issue, New Kid On The Block.


Now I can definitely tell you it did not disappoint. I was contemplating blogging about it straight after I read it, but then I couldn't include everything I wanted. Instead I thought I would wait until everyone else can jump straight over and read the magazine for themselves.

For those of you who read my last blog post I mentioned how I love supporting local business and labels. Not only is TEO created right here in Adelaide, but it also features a whole heap of local talent; from labels, to musicians, businesses and artists. There is a perfect mix of fashion editorials, interviews and much more. 



It was hard only selecting a few of my favorite pieces to include in this post, as I literally loved every page and read it back to front many times. Although I did manage to select my top 5 favorite sections, which you can view below. 



First up would have to be the stunning Azalea models. I have seen them strut their stuff on the runway at the TEO launch party, and now have seen just how incredible they photograph as well. I fell in love with the above image of the six beautiful girls as soon as I saw it. 

For those of you who don't know anything about the new and upcoming agency, Azalea Models, be sure to read their feature in the first issue out now. Although just for a quick fun fact, Stacey Hendrickson, the oh so talented fashion designer who created the very popular label Casper&Pearl, is also the founder of this hot new agency, along with her mum Anne. How cute! 

You also get a chance to meet a few of the gorgeous models and read how they got started with the agency.


One of my favorite elements in TEO is all the incredible fashion features, such as interviews with amazing labels and stunning editorials. 


Australia's own fashion power couple, Ben and Mikey! I have been following their incredible label, Revolution The Label for sometime now thanks to social media. Although TEO managed to capture their relationship in a fun and beautiful way through the interviews featured inside that let us all learn more about them. As the reader we get go see just how sweet they really  are, but also their fashion loves, mistakes, and favorite stores to shop for themselves! 

All hail Jaggar The Label! A gorgeous and edgy label newly founded by designer Kirsty Irwin, which recently hit our favorite stores! Irwin describes her label as a comfortable, casual, yet fashionable label, inspired by the "off-duty model look". To learn more about her fashion icons, where she draws inspiration from, and a stunning editorial of her newest collection, flick across to pages 68-81. 


My next favorite section is....you guessed it, ofcourse more fashion, fashion, fashion! A beautiful editorial which captures this issues covergirl, Kate Cameron-Smith in a collection of my favorite labels! 

To finish off my top 5 favorite sections I have chosen a feature that displays the uniqueness of TEO. M Squared, a new charity that has recently been created right here in Adelaide to help provide an education and brighter future for children living throughout China and Sri Lanka. I think it shows the amazing contrast that TEO offers, not only do we get our much needed fashion fix, we also get to read about visions and dreams of local individuals and help support them along the way. 



So what are you waiting for? Click here right now to head over and read the first issue of TEO. This issue allows you to escape into a world of fashion, art, culture and talent! xx




No comments:

Post a Comment